Monday, March 15, 2010

FILM PROJECT: Learning the ropes of a filmmaker

So the projected day of TAKE MY HAND film release came and went w/ no film to show. "Worst nightmare" right. More than that as someone who has never showed up with a unfinished project it hurt. And yes there were extenuating circumstances, but come on. It was out of my control so I gotta go with the flow. I realize the trust and belief I put in others may be a fault I have much like being "too nice, but I really just want people to prove to me they are legit and not just a good mouth piece.
As I take my licks going through the process of making a film I realize everyone down the line has to buy into the vision and if you're aboard because it sounds fun or its an experience you've never had well be prepared for a wake up call that will make you think twice. You gotta be passionate about it. Be willing to have to stay up till 3am or have to get up at 3am to really be down for the project. And for those who do it independently damn, be prepared for more of a commitment and beating down.
I realized in this process that as much as I love the creative process there has to be a structured side that makes plans, executes the plans in an orderly fashion and makes sure everyone is in good spirits and the whole process is conductive of getting things done on time... they call this a producer. Here I found a position that will always test me, but I'll be damned if I let another production come in late and miss its premiere date.

And for those ABLE ABE fans looking for new designs and gear we'll be right back you in May 2010 with new artwork, clothing and a few other specialty items that'll blow your mind.

LETS GET IT!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment