Saturday, February 27, 2016

NETFLIX & CHILL #17


The architect Vincent Stevens; the psychiatrist Chris Vanowen; the real estate agents Luke Seacord and Marty Landry; and Chris' half-brother Philip Trauner are married and best friends. Vincent proposes his friends to share a wonderful penthouse loft in a brand new building designed by him to become their rendezvous instead of using their credit cards for love affairs and one night stands in hotels. When they discover the body of a beautiful woman cuffed on the bed in the loft, they have argument to find who is the responsible and secrets are disclosed affecting their friendship. Written by Claudio Carvalho, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil (Courtesy of Internet Movie Database)

THE LOFT is directed by Erik Van Looy, written by Wesley Strick and produced by Hilde De Laere, Matt DeRoss, Paul Green, and Adam Shulman. My initial thoughts on this film before viewing was that the concept was interesting and it may make for a good film. Upon watching it made me think of another film called “STAG” with a similar storyline. As for The LOFT as the story unfolded my greatest grip was with their casting, which seemed like an unlikely band of friends. The pace of the film was methodical, but in the way it told the story without revealing the who done it moment to early we were paraded through flashbacks that reveled enough of each characters back-story to view them as a suspect. I’ve always viewed stories told in this manner to be intriguing, but in this film I felt it was used to direct the viewer into thinking one of the friends was the main suspect over another. I felt THE LOFT was entertaining, but maybe I was more entertained when I saw the film STAG; yet I gave it 3 stars.



No comments:

Post a Comment