Saturday, July 23, 2016

NETFLIX & CHILL #38




Louis and Jack have been friends since forever, so how could anything as lame as adulthood change that? But Louis's first adorable attempts at grown-folk business are increasingly at odds with Jack's ceaseless quest for new damns not to give. One hot summer day, Louis makes plans with his new friend Andrew, and Jack refuses to get left behind, both metaphorically and literally. Twenty-four hours later, everything has changed. (Courtesy of Internet Movie Database)

CRONIES is written, directed, and produced by Michael Larnell and executive produced by Spike Lee. All I can say is this feels like a lot of my favorite films in one. Whether it is because my love of character driven stories of friendship and loyalty, films shot in black and white, or just that it is a story about inner city life. CRONIES for me was definitely an interesting look. I can see how for some this film may not be everything, as there weren’t great action sequences or the fact is was shot in black and white, but I thoroughly enjoyed this film. So for CRONIES I give it 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment