Saturday, January 20, 2018

MY NETFLIX MOVIE REVIEWS #104


After suddenly losing all contact with his younger sister, Jacob King arrives in Los Angeles determined to track her down. Trying to piece together her last known movements, King finds unsettling evidence of a life gone off the rails - drugs, sex and secrets in the sleazy underbelly of the City of Angels. Undeterred by warnings to go home, King proves to be more than a match for the violence he is confronted with as he relentlessly pursues the truth about what happened to his sister. (Courtesy of Internet Movie Database) 
MESSAGE FROM THE KING was a movie that took me by surprise. I had past over the film several times before actually taking the time to view the trailer. Upon viewing the trailer I was sold and ready to watch the film. These days it is hard for a film to stand alone meaning that the idea of the movie hasn’t been done before. For me, MESSAGE FOR THE KING reminded my greatly of the TAKEN films. This film being I felt a little less polished and or gritty. I loved that the man character was someone I could relate to and the performance of Chadwick Boseman was rather enjoyable to watch. So for MESSAGE FROM THE KING I give it 4 stars out of 5.



No comments:

Post a Comment