Saturday, March 24, 2018

MY NETFLIX MOVIE REVIEWS #113


3


The story of two Catholic missionaries (Andrew Garfield and Adam Driver) who face the ultimate test of faith when they travel to Japan in search of their missing mentor (Liam Neeson) - at a time when Catholicism was outlawed and their presence forbidden. (Courtesy of Internet Movie Database)

I selected this film SILENCE off the strength of who directed it, being Martin Scorsese. Call me a huge fan of his work and his attitude toward the craft of filmmaking. Seeing the trailer for SILENCE it didn’t seem like a film Scorsese would be known for, but that made it that much more intriguing. Upon seeing the film I was not quite sure that I was going to enjoy the journey this film depicted, yet I continued to watch. The culture and times were for me were highly interesting, but this torturous story that unraveled was quite burdensome leaving me wondering why life had to be so hard. So for SILENCE I give it 3 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment