Saturday, November 21, 2020

MY NETFLIX MOVIE REVIEWS #235

 



When renowned crime novelist Harlan Thrombey (Christopher Plummer) is found dead at his estate just after his 85th birthday, the inquisitive and debonair Detective Benoit Blanc (Daniel Craig) is mysteriously enlisted to investigate. From Harlan's disfunctional family to his devoted staff, Blanc sifts through a web of red herrings and self-serving lies to uncover the truth behind Harlan's untimely death. Written by Lionsgate (Courtesy of Internet Movie Database)

KNIVES OUT (2019) written & directed by Rian Johnson and produced by Ram Bergman. I don’t really remember what compelled me to put this film on my list. I do remember seeing the trailer, but I don’t remember it having much of an impact, yet here we are.

Upon watching, I found a film that harkened back to “who done its” of the past like the Oriental Express or Clue. In that vein I continued to watch knowing if I miss something I could be in the dark for the rest of the movie. I also felt the casting was interesting and as a whole the chemistry was good. Yet my quarrel is with a story that seemed that it could have been more compelling or at least memorable.

In the End: KNIVES OUT was a well-made film, even entertaining, but I felt it lacked something which would have me talking about it the next day or even a week later. So for this film I give it 3 of 5 stars.



No comments:

Post a Comment