Saturday, December 19, 2020

MY NETFLIX MOVIE REVIEWS #238

 

Sam (Andrew Garfield) is a disenchanted 33-year-old who discovers a mysterious woman, Sarah (Riley Keough), frolicking in his apartment's swimming pool. When she vanishes, Sam embarks on a surreal quest across Los Angeles to decode the secret behind her disappearance, leading him into the murkiest depths of mystery, scandal, and conspiracy in the City of Angels. Written by A24 (Courtesy of Internet Movie Database)

UNDER THE SILVER LAKE (2018) is written & directed by David Robert Mitchell and produced by Chris Bender, Michael De Luca, and Jake Weiner. This was another film recommended by a friend unfortunately or depending on how you see it fortunately I decided to take this film in.

Upon my first viewing, I found a hauntingly interesting film, but with no real reason for those feelings. I find the main character's motives engaging with a solid performance by Andrew Garfield. Yet at that point, I couldn’t tell you what the film was truly about.

Before my second viewing, I took in some youtube videos on UNDER THE SILVER LAKE explained. This time around I was better able to spot and decipher more of the coded and conspiracy content that this film is heavy in.

Along with the second viewing, I still got lost at some points but picked up more on the humor of the film making it more enjoyable. I am sure on more viewings more will be revealed to me the movie is that dense with content.

In the End: UNDER THE SILVER LAKE was a film made for multiple viewings to be able to unleash its charm. So for this film, I give it 3.5 stars of 5. 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment