Tuesday, August 31, 2010

FILM REVIEW: DONKEY PUNCH

As the list of films I've screened climbs I am forever grateful for my Netflix watch instantly feature for only $9.99 a month.

And now to the film reviewed DONKEY PUNCH. The title for me contoured up a great deal of images as to what this film would really about, none of which prepared me for what was in store. And to be honest I think I chose this film based on what the cover hailed as the sexist film of the year. We know sex sells.

So I proceeded to watch the film. DONKEY PUNCH is the story of seven young adults who after meeting at a nightclub in a Mediterranean resort decide to continue partying aboard a luxury yacht in the middle of the ocean. But when one of them dies in a freak accident, the others argue about what to do, which leads to a ruthless fight for survival. This film was written by David Bloom, directed by Oliver Blackburn, produced by Robin Gutch, Mark Herbert, and Angus Lamont, starring Robert Boutler, Sain Brecklin, Tom Burke, and Nichola Burley, from EM Media 2008.

Photobucket

As I watched the story unfold it came off vary familiar to other films I've screened with parallels in the storyline. Nonetheless, something definitely goes wrong and the characters begin to think, which for me shows who is the strongest character in the sense of how they are written into a script. A strong character has a strong thought process they don't have to be the main character or even survive the whole film to the end, but they do make decisions that show they have a will to face their fears and help the group survive. This film has that, but many of the characters came off very weak and that was annoying to me.

This film also hinges a great deal of its allure on deviant sexual POP CULTURE themes in that it is entitled "DONKEY PUNCH". If you are not too familiar with this term the film will clear that up for you. This film was entertaining and at the end of the day that is all you can really ask of a film. Yet I do enjoy a film that keeps the story tight and moving forward and if you can learn something as well its a bonus DONKEY PUNCH did that, but I got bored with some of the characters and that is why I am giving this film 3 stars.


Leave a comment or two we love that... LETS GET IT!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment