Thursday, June 21, 2012

VISION CASTING


I rushed down the steps to the garage running a tad bit late, and I fuckin’ hate being late. In the garage was my pearl white Lexus LFA, a concept car only a few had the opportunity to own. Kimberly, who was living with me, had left earlier in my I S red convertible Lexus. She was headed to a casting call. She was a new to the area looking to live out her dreams like anyone else. As she headed to this casting for a small budget gig, she was told she’d be working with a few as yet to be cast big names. Some of the names being thrown around were Eva Longoria, Bruce Willis, and even Leonardo DiCaprio. I told her over a dinner of shrimp linguini and a crisp Pinot Grigio that no matter who was cast, this was her opportunity to make her mark. She’d need to kill the read through.



I, myself was headed to the studio as we were shooting a scene for our fourth feature film. A bagel with cream cheese, my breakfast held between my teeth, I moved closer to the car, opened it up tossed my bag on the passenger seat, and sped off. The drive to the studio always made me daydream a bit, as on my right was the amazing ocean view. On my left was the lush foliage and open plains. That all changed when you hit the city limits of track housing, businesses would pop up, and the view of the ocean was set back amongst the urban sprawl. On my mind were a number of unconnected thoughts and images passing through. One was of the impending work at hand for me once I got to the studio. Another thought that lingered was of Okoye. She was also living with me, a model type with gorgeous natural brunette locks and legs that looked like they went straight to heaven. The image stuck in my head was of her reaching for a box of cereal wearing nothing, but one of my t-shirts creeping up and showing a tantalizing bit of her butt cheek. I stopped in my tracks, that vision now stuck in my head.


At that moment my custom gold encased iPhone began to ring. I assumed it was Nicole, my long time assistant, checking up on me, but it was David Beckham. Quite the surprise, I thought, as we had recently become friends, and I watched him play a few times with the girls, as he had compped us tickets. I answered the phone, still driving with a bit of anticipation to why he’d be calling at this moment. I said, “What’s good my friend?” He replied with his thick Brit accent, “I’m well my friend. I see I didn’t wake you up. You’re already up and at’ em”. I asked him, To what do I owe this morning call?” He went on to explain that he wanted to invite me to a dinner party at his mansion that weekend. He and his wife, one of the sexiest women I had ever met, wanted me to meet some of his friends and family. I was awe struck. My jaw dropped in shocked reaction, as my mind raced with a what, who, and how did this happen kind of pattern. I guess I was continuing to move up in the world. I let him know that I was driving so to text me all the details. He obliged me with a Cherri – o, but first let me know I should bring a date, but no hoes. This statement was, in a way, saying politely that Kimberly and Okoye were out, not that they were hoes. I guess some people got the idea that being that they lived with me rent-free there was some kind of arrangement, and there was. I had to laugh; I guess I wasn’t fooling anyone. He also mentioned dinner would be held outside to watch the glorious sunset.




I pulled into the parking lot of the studio and Nicole immediately bombarded me with questions and messages, her headset on her head and a cup of Yerba Matte tea in her hand. I couldn’t be that late but when you are the director, it is what you do. I had her go down the seemingly endless to do list, as we walked inside, and one by one each was dealt with. The most pressing of them all was dealing with the actors, stroking their ego, and letting them know they looked good on screen. Then it hit me. I mean, sometimes inspiration comes when you least expect it. I knew who I was going to take to the Beckham’s dinner party; her name, Summer. I got Nicole to make a note of finding her and getting me in contact with her. And before I could call the shoot a WRAP, Nicole had gotten her info to my iPhone. The rest was up to me.


fin

So, the weather is great and its Thursday so look for me at the Market Downtown Chico, Ca as we start back up Chico street style photo shoots with post and photos up  with our Saturday TOP 3 VIDEOS OF THE WEEK posts. We have a lot coming at you as it is now officially Summer.  Enjoy!

Shop KONJO.
Photobucket

...GO!!!








No comments:

Post a Comment