Saturday, October 17, 2015

NETFLIX & CHILL #1



While hunting in the forest, Lord Asano of Ako and his samurai find a young half-breed and take him with them to live in the castle. Several years later, Lord Asano holds a tournament to welcome the Shogun to Ako. The night after the tournament, Lord Asano is bewitched into hurting Lord Kira of Nagato, and is punished into committing seppuku by the Shogun. Realizing that it was a Lord Kira's evil plot, the samurais and the half-breed sets out for revenge against the Shogun's order. Written by Immanuel A.  (Courtesy of Internet Movie Database)
47 Ronin was directed by Carl Rinsch, written by Chris Morgan & Hossein Amini, Produced by Pamela Abdy, Eric Mcleod, and Scot Stuber. I enjoyed the authentic look mixed with the fantasy or mystical folklore, as it pertained to the dress, setting and worldly elements of that time. The story based on actual events, for me having seen similar storylines like this lost its tension and danger at a certain point and I could predict the outcome early on.

The fighting scenes could have been much more exciting, but understanding it was a pg13 film I knew the regulations. I did like the fact that they explained and deciphered, in good detail, what a samurai’s life purpose was about as I have always seen them to be very fascinating.

In the end to me 47 Ronin was a beautifully depicted film with elaborate set pieces, dress, and locations, which was the most interesting aspect. The storyline was simple and left me wanting more character development and story. With that I gave 47 Ronin 3 stars approving it as entertaining enough to be anyones choice for a Netflix and Chill kind of night.

No comments:

Post a Comment