Saturday, October 31, 2015

NETFLIX & CHILL #3







































A GIRL WALKS HOME ALONE AT NIGHT

In the Iranian ghost-town Bad City, a place that reeks of death and loneliness, the townspeople are unaware they are being stalked by a lonesome vampire. Written by Ana Lily Amirpour  (Courtesy of Internet Movie database)

From the moment I saw the trailer for A GIRL WALKS HOME ALONE AT NIGHT directed & written by Ana Lily Amirpour, produced by Ana Lily Amirpour, Justin Begnaud and Sina Sayyah, and executive produced by Elijah Wood, I knew I was going to have to see it. Sooner than later I got that opportunity to watch it through Netflix. Whether it was the stark black and white visuals or at the time, my limited grasp of the films storyline I was already drawn in. Upon viewing the film I was taken in even further with magnificent music and sprawling landscapes that inspire me to keep my dreams of making a feature length film someday. This was a super sexy yet subtle love story shot in black and white, which I thought was a brilliant move. The story now clearer in my head was weird in a good way and I definitely look forward to seeing more films from this director. It was like the moment I watched Pulp Fiction or Magnolia for the first time. So for A GIRL WALKS HOME ALONE AT NIGHT I give it 4 stars, which certifies it as NETFLIX and CHILL worthy. 


A few extras HAPPY HALLOWEEN


No comments:

Post a Comment