Saturday, March 5, 2016

NETFLIX & CHILL #18


Meeting the right person at the wrong time can be the best thing that ever happened to you.  (Courtesy of Internet Movie Database)

THIS ISN’T FUNNY directed by Paul Ashton, written by Paul Ashton and Katie Page, produced by Paul Ashton, Maria Menounos, Kate Page, and Lije Sarki. In this film that focuses on the life of a comedian it made me think of how secretly I would like to be a comedian myself. Yet as the film continued I realized how his was the story of the span of a relationship of a man and woman from beginning to well... to where the film ended. I founded it to be very refreshing that this story unfolded in a completely unexpected way. Then again who am I to say how a relationship should begin, but it just felt authentic and of course funny. I enjoyed the pace of the film and understanding the dynamics of a relationship evolve over time the leaps ahead of the relationship depicted also felt right, while also packing the most hilarious situations while still seeming true. Whether you would call this a romantic comedy or not I felt this story stayed away from the things that ruin most romantic comedies in that it used real life rather than portraying a fairy tale and feel good tactics to carry the viewer along. In the end I gave THIS ISN’T FUNNY 3 1/2 stars as I liked the balanced of humor, pace, and drama in developing a story about a love relationship.



No comments:

Post a Comment