Saturday, May 14, 2016

NETFLIX & CHILL #27


Fresh Dressed chronicles the history of Hip-Hop <> Urban fashion and its rise from southern cotton plantations to the gangs of 1970s in the South Bronx, to corporate America, and everywhere in-between. Supported by rich archival materials and in depth interviews with individuals crucial to the evolution of a way of life--and the outsiders who studied and admired them--Fresh Dressed goes to the core of where style was born on the black and brown side of town. (Courtesy of Internet Movie Database).

FRESH DRESSED is Directed and written by Sacha Jenkins and produced by Peter Bittenbender and Marcus A. Clarke. I really enjoyed this documentary type film. Having grown up within the era of a great deal of the happenings of the film. I can even take it a step further as learning from the people making moves at that time and starting my own clothing line. I know the need to be fresh dressed. I liked how they treated the history and held interviews with some of the more people of that day. I really appreciated the examination and explanation of the movement of people in the industry and why so many clothing lines failed to make a profit. I would suggest this film to anyone looking to enter the clothing industry. For all of those reasons I give FRESH DRESSED 4 ½ stars.



No comments:

Post a Comment