Saturday, November 5, 2016

NETFLIX & CHILL #51


A cryptic message from the past sends James Bond on a rogue mission to Mexico City and eventually Rome, where he meets Lucia, the beautiful and forbidden widow of an infamous criminal. Bond infiltrates a secret meeting and uncovers the existence of the sinister organization known as SPECTRE. Meanwhile back in London, Max Denbigh, the new head of the Centre of National Security, questions Bond's actions and challenges the relevance of MI6 led by M. Bond covertly enlists Moneypenny and Q to help him seek out Madeleine Swann, the daughter of his old nemesis Mr. White, who may hold the clue to untangling the web of SPECTRE. As the daughter of the assassin, she understands Bond in a way most others cannot. As Bond ventures towards the heart of SPECTRE, he learns a chilling connection between himself and the enemy he seeks.

SPECTRE is directed by Sam Mendes, written by John Logan, Neal Purvis, Robert Wade, and Jez Butterworth, and produced by Barbara Broccoli. As long as I can remember I’ve been a fan of the 007 James Bond series. I practically grew up watching theme from likes of Sean Connery and Roger Moore my roots grow deep. Now the recent continuation of the series with Daniel Craig maybe I’ve out grown the love for 007. This film in particular to me didn’t carry the attraction it used to, maybe the fact that I already know that James is going to make it out alive and get the girl. In that case it is more about switching up the story rather than the character himself. I like that James is so stylish and a bit of a rebel at times as well as his 100% commitment to his job. We seen him show some vulnerability, but never to the point where he seems flawed or have any kind of weakness. This to me is where I’d like to see some development. I do understand that in the reality of the James Bond universe if he was to have any real weakness he’d probably be dead already. So I get it, I’m just ready to see some vulnerability so can suspend my disbelief and really feel like the danger James faces could really be his end. So as for SPECTRE I give it 3 stars.



No comments:

Post a Comment