Saturday, December 3, 2016

NETFLIX & CHILL #53


When drug violence worsens on the USA Mexico border, the FBI sends an idealistic agent, Kate Macer (Emily Blunt) on a mission to eradicate a drug cartel responsible for a bomb that had killed members of her team. Written by Gusde (Courtesy of Internet Movie Database)

SCIARIO is directed by Denis Villeneuve, written by Taylor Sheridan, and produced by Basil Iwanyk, Thad Luckinbill, Trent Luckinbill, and Molly Smith.  This a film that when seeing the trailer seemed confusing and hard to say what the story was about, but at the same time it was totally engaging and made me want to see it. The fact that Benicio Del Toro was in it also made it a film I needed to see. Yet as I crossed my fingers, that it would be nothing like the film SAVAGES I continued to seek it out. My hope was confirmed as the actual film was entertaining and held my attention throughout. I think the way the viewer was given just enough information to understand the premise helped the unfolding of the story that much more riveting. In the end the film in my opinion has the elements in the story that stick with you yet I wouldn’t call it an Oscar level film, but definitely a film I won’t soon forget. So for SCIARIO I give it 3 ½ stars, hey why not 4.



No comments:

Post a Comment