Saturday, October 7, 2017

MY NETFLIX MOVIE REVIEWS #93


'Slow West' follows a 16-year-old boy on a journey across 19th Century frontier America in search of the woman he loves, while accompanied by mysterious traveler Silas. Written by Anonymous (Courtesy of Internet Movie Database)

I didn’t know what to expect from this unassuming western called SLOW WEST. I watched the trailer to get a sense of the film and it did intrigue me and set itself from the previous westerns I had viewed. Yet at the same time the casting of Michael Fassbender further intrigued me and so I watched. Upon viewing SLOW WEST I found myself caught up in this story of love in the wild wild west. By all means this film sheds the conventions of a typical western, which was refreshing and made me wonder why more films in the western genre have not told alternative stories about the wild west. So for SLOW WEST I give it 4 stars.



No comments:

Post a Comment