Saturday, October 21, 2017

MY NETFLIX MOVIE REVIEWS #94


A "story inside a story," in which the first part follows a woman named Susan who receives a book manuscript from her ex-husband, a man whom she left 20 years earlier, asking for her opinion. The second element follows the actual manuscript, called "Nocturnal Animals," which revolves around a man whose family vacation turns violent and deadly. It also continues to follow the story of Susan, who finds herself recalling her first marriage and confronting some dark truths about herself. (Courtesy of Internet Movie Database)

It is funny to think at one point I was really into fashion. I knew and learned a lot in that time from the designers to types of fabrics and cuts. I had even researched Tom Ford and his fashion empire. At a certain point I found that he was to direct a film called A SINGLE MAN I never saw that film, but then he directed another and that was NOCTURNAL ANIMALS. Upon finally seeing the film I was drawn to the sense of style and class that of course Tom Ford would bring to a film. After that the film struck me as a very David Lynch-esqe film, meaning it was very tense and took you to many layers of one story from the past, present, and the made up. To be honest I watched this film twice feeling that in a second viewing I’d gather more of the underlining meanings of certain things uncovering the haunting mystery of this film.  So for NOCTURNAL ANIMALS I give it 5 stars.



No comments:

Post a Comment