Saturday, November 11, 2017

MY NETFLIX MOVIE REVIEWS #96


When three girls are kidnapped by a man with 23 different personalities, they have to work out which of those personalities will help them escape and which of those personalities will try to stop them. Written by jjmcmanusnbalshiite (Courtesy of Internet Movie Database)

I knew when I first saw the trailer to SPLIT and saw that it was written and directed by M. Knight Shyamalan I knew I was going to have to see it regardless. I know in the past M. Knight’s films have been critiqued heavily, but I have always viewed him as a true auteur in the same sense as a Hitchcock or Bergman. So upon finally viewing SPLIT I was very ready. I thought SPLIT was extremely well made. I felt the trailer in a sense gave away a few of the interesting twists in the film, but outside of that definitely an intense thriller. Many of the conventions in kidnap/survival films like these were done away with, which was refreshing to see a new take. I also felt the performance by James McAvoy was spot on, which was another draw having seen him in FILTH. So for SPLIT I give it 4.5 stars.



No comments:

Post a Comment