Saturday, April 14, 2018

MY NETFLIX MOVIE REVIEWS #116


A young street artist, Danny, in East Los Angeles is caught between his father's obsession with lowrider car culture, his ex-felon brother and his need for self-expression. Danny puts his graffiti artist skills to use and paints murals on the hoods of lowrider cars to help his brother win an upcoming competition.

I don’t quite remember how I got turned on to the film LOWRIDERS, but when it ended up in my mailbox I had a moment of excitement ready to take a look at a lifestyle much different that my own.  Upon viewing it I found things that I could directly relate to as this film focused on family relationship or more specifically father and son relations. In a dramatic sense this film was rather predictable yet at the sametime the setting of being held in a lowrider lifestyle and explaining the history made for an entertaining story. I also felt that the film was tailored for a lighter audience feeling that this was done to reach a wider audience. So for LOWRIDER I give it 3 of 5 stars.



No comments:

Post a Comment