Saturday, June 16, 2018

MY NETFLIX MOVIE REVIEWS #125


PATTI CAKE$ is centered on aspiring rapper Patricia Dombrowski, a.k.a. Killa P, a.k.a. Patti Cake$, who is fighting an unlikely quest for glory in her downtrodden hometown in New Jersey. (Courtesy of Internet Movie Database)

My intro to the film PATTI CAKES came through a trailer while getting set to watch one of my other reviewed films. What I saw in the trailer lead me to believe this film was going to be a comedy. Upon watching PATTI CAKES it was nothing of the sort. My first viewing I saw it as a film of someone from a small town, which I can relate to, looking for their shot out. Initially I felt good about my takeaway from the film yet my second screening made it tough to still have that point of view as there were a few things that still didn’t set right with me in relation to the greater world view. Overall PATTI CAKES was entertaining with some great acting performances by not so well known actors. So for PATTI CAKES I am rating it a 3.5 stars out of 5.



No comments:

Post a Comment