Saturday, December 15, 2018

MY NETFLIX MOVIE REVIEWS #146


When a videographer answers an advert of the website Craigslist for a one-day job in a remote mountain town to video the last messages of a dying man. The job takes a strange turn when the last messages get darker and darker. The videographer continues to see the job through, but when it is time to leave he is unable to find his keys, and when he receives a strange phone call he finds his client is not at all what he initially seemed to be. (Courtesy of Internet Movie Database)

Coming across the film trailer for CREEP I still didn’t know what to expect upon watching it. On the chance I finally did I was most struck by the performance of Mark Duplass having seen him in another film  THE ONE I LOVE where he was great as well. I was less struck by the way the story was delivered using rough and shaky camera footage ala BLAIR WITCH PROJECT. Overall I felt the film was interesting, but didn’t hold my attention all the way through, but delivered with a splitting end. So for CREEP I give it 3.25 stars of 5 for it’s casting of Mark Duplass and its unique story.



No comments:

Post a Comment