Saturday, December 29, 2018

MY NETFLIX MOVIE REVIEWS #148


Will and Eden was once a loving couple. After a tragedy took their son, Eden disappeared. Two years later, out of the blue, she returns with a new husband... and as a different person, eerily changed and eager to reunite with her ex and those she left behind. Over the course of a dinner party in the house that was once his, the haunted Will is gripped by mounting evidence that Eden and her new friends have a mysterious and terrifying agenda. But can we trust Will's hold on reality? Or will he be the unwitting catalyst of the doom he senses? (Courtesy of Internet Movie Database)

Always a sucker for a good thriller I took in the film THE INVITATION on recommendation from a fellow reviewer. Not really knowing how this tense and confined situation was going to pan out I watched with great anticipation. I felt the unfolding of the story worked well and was also unpredictable enough to keep me interested. I felt the cast and their performance were adequate, but was hoping for a bit more shock value as the story was tipped on its ear. So for THE INVITATION I give it 3.25 of 5 stars.



No comments:

Post a Comment