Saturday, January 26, 2019

MY NETFLIX MOVIE REVIEWS #152



Aspiring actor Greg Sestero befriends the eccentric Tommy Wiseau. The two travel to L.A, and when Hollywood rejects them, Tommy decides to write, direct, produce and star in their own movie. That movie is The Room, which has attained cult status as the "Citizen Kane" of bad movies. Written by rorybobglynn (Courtesy of Internet Movie Database)

From the title THE DISATER ARTIST and the brief clips of the film my mind was taking me in another direction as I prepared to watch this film. Upon watching it my thoughts had me thinking this was going to end up like a Friday night Dateline murder mystery, but to my great surprise it wasn’t. What transpired before my eyes was a film showing someone going after their dreams. Yes, maybe the approach wasn’t so well thought out, but in the end I am sure all involved would agree it was worth it.  So for this film based on a true story I give THE DISATER ARTIST 3.75 of 5 stars.



No comments:

Post a Comment