Saturday, March 2, 2019

MY NETFLIX MOVIE REVIEWS #157


A biologist's husband disappears. She puts her name forward for an expedition into an environmental disaster zone but does not find what she's expecting. The expedition team is made up of the biologist, an anthropologist, a psychologist, a surveyor, and a linguist. (Courtesy of Internet Movie Database)

There is something to be said for a good film trailer. Yet there are times when the trailer turns out to be better than the film. I’m not saying that the trailer for ANNIHILATION was better than the film. What I am saying is that watching the trailer made me feel the film was going to be amazing. Upon watching the film visually it is gorgeous with incredible special effects. Story-wise, oddly this is to be a drama/horror, horror/sci-fi, but it is a bit slow paced telling a story that flashes back from the past to the present. My thoughts from the trailer lead me to think of this sci-fi/thriller yet I was confronted with a cerebral type film that was more of a thought piece than adventure. So in the end for ANNIHILATION I give it 3 stars of 5.



No comments:

Post a Comment