Saturday, April 6, 2019

MY NETFLIX MOVIE REVIEWS #162


A supernatural force sets out to exact revenge against art profiteers attempting to exploit a series of paintings by an unknown artist. (Courtesy of Internet Movie Database)

Having seen the first film from the director Dan Gilroy NIGHT CRAWLER my anticipation to see VELVET BUZZSAW, his second film, was high. Through the trailer, I got that this film was also a thriller, but venturing on horror, a genre that I don’t venture into often, but for this, I made an exception. I enjoyed seeing Jake Gyllenhaal take a role in this film, as he was in the first film, to which I felt that performance was also better. The genius of the film though was its take on how the art world could transform into a horror story. I don’t know if I’d ever seen anything like this, which makes this film memorable as well as entertaining. So for VELVET BUZZSAW, I give it 3.5 stars.



No comments:

Post a Comment