Saturday, April 27, 2019

MY NETFLIX MOVIE REVIEWS #165


To get away from their busy lives, the Wilson family takes a vacation to Santa Cruz, California with the plan of spending time with their friends, the Tyler family. On a day at the beach, their young son Jason almost wanders off, causing his mother Adelaide to become protective of her family. That night, four mysterious people break into Adelaide's childhood home where they're staying. The family is shocked to find out that the intruders look like them, only with grotesque appearances. Written by jesusblack-30225 (Courtesy of Internet Movie Database)

Having seen GET OUT, it excited me for the chance that Jordan Peele would get the opportunity to direct another film. That film was US, seeing the trailer for the first time on Thanksgiving only made the anticipation till it’s release date that much more palpable. Upon seeing it and avoiding many spoilers, I watched almost mesmerized. From all that I had heard the film carried with layers of meaning, and it did, as it is definitely a film to attend at least twice. Not only is it thrilling it comes with moments of comedy as I'd expect from Mr. Peele. In the end, as I left the theater, I sensed the film had more to give, as I have yet done any research to the meaning of the symbols in the movie that would give me a better understanding of US. So, for now, I give US 3.75 stars of 5.





No comments:

Post a Comment