Saturday, February 1, 2020

MY NETFLIX MOVIE REVIEWS #199



Dr. Paul Kersey (Bruce Willis) is a surgeon who only sees the aftermath of his city's violence as it's rushed into his ER -until his wife (Elisabeth Shue) and college-age daughter (Camila Morrone) are viciously attacked in their suburban home. With the police overloaded with crimes, Paul, burning for revenge, hunts for his family's assailants to deliver justice. As the anonymous slayings of criminals grab the media's attention, the city wonders if this deadly avenger is a guardian angel...or a grim reaper. Fury and fate collide in the intense action-thriller Death Wish. Written by MGM (Courtesy of Internet Movie Database)


I don’t know about you, but I have seen a lot of movies from the past being remade. Today’s selection is one of these and the film I am talking about is the 2018 DEATH WISH. Having seen the 1974 version with Charles Bronson, a gritty and extremely violent for its time made me more intrigued by what director Eli Roth would do with this film. Upon watching the film starts as you’d assume and never really took off. Yes, things escalated, but the events depicted really didn’t draw me in as I would have hoped and the film ended up being very forgettable. So for DEATH WISH, I give it 3 stars of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment