Saturday, February 15, 2020

MY NETFLIX MOVIE REVIEWS #201


Grey's a stay-at-home mechanic, who's wife is Asha. One day, Grey asks Asha to help him return a car to his client. Whilst Grey and Asha's self-driving car malfunctions, it crashes. Grey watches helplessly as Asha bleeds to death next to him. Grey returns home - a widowed quadriplegic, under the care of his mother. His wife''s death and the inability of police to identify their attackers cause him to sink into a depression. After a suicide attempt, he's offered to have high tech chip implanted - enabling him to walk. Though initially hesitant, he's persuaded to have the surgery.. (Courtesy of Internet Movie Database)

Having seen the trailer to (2018) UPGRADE via another film I reviewed I immediately added it to my list. The attraction to this film may have made me feel some type of way, but posed even more questions about my future having experienced and living with a spinal cord injury. Anyways, back to the film. I felt UPGRADE was rather engaging I liked the performance of Logan Marshall-Green who played the main character (Grey Trace). As for the overall story I felt it had a plausible outcome that come to the end of the film may throw viewers for a loop. I know for myself the technology presented in this film brought forth a possibility many people in the same position as me dream of although we definitely envision a much cheerier end result than presented here. So for UPGRADE I give it 4 stars of 5.



No comments:

Post a Comment