Saturday, March 14, 2020

MY NETFLIX MOVIE REVIEWS #205


The true story of London's most notorious gangsters, twins Reggie and Ronnie Kray. As the brothers rise through the criminal underworld, Ronnie advances the family business with violence and intimidation while Reggie struggles to go legitimate for local girl Frances Shea. In and out of prison, Ronnie's unpredictable tendencies and the slow disintegration of Reggie's marriage threaten to bring the brothers' empire tumbling to the ground. (Courtesy of Internet Movie Database)

As a huge fan of the crime and gangster film genre, I had to at some point take in the new Netflix film (2015) LEGEND. This film takes on the story of The infamous Kray brothers British gangsters of the 1960s. Having already seen a film on the Krays my number one question was how was this one going to differ from the last. Upon viewing I found a story told from the perspective of one of the Kray brother’s eventual girlfriend, which I thought was unique. I also appreciated the performance of Tom Hardy playing both brothers. In the end, I felt this film held up against other gangster films pretty well so for LEGEND I give it 4 of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment