Saturday, May 30, 2020

MY NETFLIX MOVIE REVIEWS #216


Hired to protect a pampered mining heiress Zoe (Sophie NĂ©lisse), bodyguard Sam (Noomi Rapace) finds herself tangled in a deadly conspiracy. When attackers target the heiress she's protecting, battle-hardened bodyguard Sam scrambles to save her client - and teach her how to fight back. Written by Raihan Khondker  (Courtesy of Internet Movie Database)

CLOSE (2019) is directed by Vicky Jewson, written by Vicky Jewson & Rupert Whitaker, and produced by Vicky Jewson, Jason Newmark, and Rupert Whitaker. Having passed over this film several times to screen something else it is has made me possibly rethinking my selection process. 

CLOSE stars one of my new female actresses Noomi Pace whom I first say in GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO. There is just something that I like about her presence in those films as well as this one. As for the story in CLOSE, I found it to be believable as well as entertaining. I even felt the twist the story takes was legit, but I am always seemingly wanting to see more character development. 

In the End: CLOSE for me played to the things I like about an action film, but sometimes more is needed to create a more memorable than a forgettable piece. So I give it 3 0f 5 stars.


No comments:

Post a Comment