Saturday, August 8, 2020

MY NETFLIX MOVIE REVIEW #223

 After pursuing Kevin Wendell Crumb and the multiple identities that reside within, David Dunn finds himself locked in a mental hospital alongside his archenemy, Elijah Price. The trio must now contend with a psychiatrist, who is out to prove they do not actually possess superhuman abilities. Written by vsuperkuns (Courtesy of Internet Movie Database)


GLASS (2019) is written and directed by M. Night Shyamalan and produced by Marc Bienstock, Jason Blum & Ashwin Rajan.  Not knowing if this film will be the last in the already trilogy of films from M. Night UNBREAKABLE, SPLIT to GLASS I took in this having seen the others expecting the finale. The distinct storytelling of M. Night has always been appealing to me with his slow burn and massive twists. So expecting that from this film I began to watch. 


I watched as a mild to medium, comic book guru-type viewing a film highly interested in the comic book lore realizing that my interest in this genre of films had waned. So as I continued to watch, I found myself losing interest. Maybe it was the characters, maybe the slow-burn pacing of the film I don’t know, but this film didn’t deliver for me as much as I’d hope.


In the End: GLASS, although it held to the great M. Night style and tied up many of the loose ends from the previous film, I was simply hoping for something that really pushed the genre. So for this film, I give it 3 of 5 stars. 


No comments:

Post a Comment