Saturday, August 29, 2020

MY NETFLIX MOVIE REVIEW #225

 


NIGHTCRAWLER is a thriller set in the nocturnal underbelly of contemporary Los Angeles. Jake Gyllenhaal stars as Lou Bloom, a driven young man desperate for work who discovers the high-speed world of L.A. crime journalism. Finding a group of freelance camera crews who film crashes, fires, murder and other mayhem, Lou muscles into the cut-throat, dangerous realm of nightcrawling - where each police siren wail equals a possible windfall and victims are converted into dollars and cents. Aided by Rene Russo as Nina, a veteran of the blood-sport that is local TV news, Lou blurs the line between observer and participant to become the star of his own story. Written by Open Road Films (Courtesy of Internet Movie Database)


NIGHTCRAWLER (2014) in my first viewing the film blew me away. I had a friend recommend it to me thinking I’d like it and he was right. Although it is a film and things need to be edgy the film actually has a lot of great info that applied to life or the entrepreneurial lifestyle, in general, can help one blog their journey. 


Now seeing Netflix has placed this film as part of the streaming content I had to watch it once again. And the film still holds up. As much as I still remembered how the film plays out it was just as enjoyable and I was even more in awe of Jake Gyllenhaal’s performance this time around.


In the End: NIGHTCRAWLER is a film with seeds of knowledge anyone can use and apply to their lives and I think for me is why I gravitate to this film in the first place. Enjoy!


<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/1lEdwqwOttg" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>





No comments:

Post a Comment