Saturday, September 12, 2020

MY NETFLIX MOVIE REVIEWS #227

 


On the streets of New Orleans, word begins to spread about a mysterious new pill that unlocks superpowers unique to each user. The catch: You don't know what will happen until you take it. While some develop bulletproof skin, invisibility, and super strength, others exhibit a deadlier reaction. But when the pill escalates crime within the city to dangerous levels, a local cop (Joseph Gordon-Levitt) teams with a teenage dealer (Dominique Fishback) and a former soldier fueled by a secret vendetta (Jamie Foxx) to fight power with power and risk taking the pill in order to track down and stop the group responsible for creating it. Written by Netflix (Courtesy of Internet Movie Database)


PROJECT POWER (2020) Is directed by Henry Joost & Ariel Schulman, written by Mattson Tomlin and produced by Eric Newman & Bryan Unkeless. The impression I got from the trailer had me on the fence on whether this was a film would be a hit or miss. I eventually decided to take it in and I wasn’t terribly disappointed. 


I felt the film's premise was interesting and liked the diversity in casting. I also felt this sudo-superhero story was heartfelt and had some good action sequences although the film was not extremely memorable. 


In the End: PROJECT POWER delivered what I hoped to see from the trailer without giving too much away. I also liked their locations and casting choices. So I give this a solid 3 of 5 stars


<iframe width=“420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/xw1vQgVaYNQ" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>


No comments:

Post a Comment