Saturday, February 27, 2021

MY NETFLIX MOVIE REVIEWS #245

                                                          

"Twelve strangers wake up in a clearing. They don't know where they are -- or how they got there. In the shadow of a dark internet conspiracy theory, ruthless elitists gather remotely to hunt humans for sport. But their master plan is about to be derailed when one of the hunted, Crystal, turns the tables on her pursuers. Written by krmanirethnam (Courtesy of Internet Movie Database)

THE HUNT (2020), directed by Craig Zobel, written by Nick Cuse & Damon Lindelof, produced by Jason Blum. The premise of this film has always been interesting to me. The question for me was always how to execute it effectively and make it, so it is more than just about the hunt.

As I watched and remembered, this film’s release day was pushed back due to the political climate or some such situation I watched with a little more interest. Early on, the film didn’t give you much to go off or explain the situation, which I liked allowing the viewer to decipher things on their own. As the film and story progress, there is a clear standout acting performance from Betty Gilpin, whom I first saw and was awe of from the Netflix series GLOW.

In the End: THE HUNT for all of its attempts for dark or tongue-in-cheek humor, and due to the premise, I felt I didn’t bring it all together as I’d like. Although the performance of Betty Gilpin helped the film, in my view, remain entertaining. So for this film, I give it 3.5 of 5.



 


No comments:

Post a Comment