Saturday, March 13, 2021

MY NETFLIX MOVIE REVIEWS #247



Poised with sharklike self-assurance, Marla Grayson is a professional, court-appointed guardian for dozens of elderly wards whose assets she seizes and cunningly bilks through dubious but legal means. It's a well-oiled racket that Marla and her business partner and lover, Fran, use with brutal efficiency on their latest "cherry," Jennifer Peterson - a wealthy retiree with no living heirs or family. But when their mark turns out to have an equally shady secret of her own and connections to a volatile gangster, Marla is forced to level up in a game only predators can play - one that's neither fair nor square. Written by Netflix (Courtesy of Internet Movie database)

I CARE A LOT (2020) is written and directed by J Blakeson and produced by Michael Heimler, Teddy Schwarzman, and Ben Stillman. I also found the I CARE A LOT trailer to give me all the incentive to watch this film without giving up all the mystery as too many films these days give you the entire film away in the trailer.

Upon watching, I was struck with a dislike like none other for Rosamund Pike’s character Maya, which fueled the movie's story and set me up for a twist that put the film on another level. I also felt the film had great dialogue that created some very intriguing scenes performed exceptionally well by all the actors in this film.

In the End: I CARE A LOT was an atypical story held together by a strong dislike for the main character that I felt helped fuel this film all the way up to the entertaining end. Definitely, a don't miss. So for this film, I give it 4 of 5 stars.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment