Saturday, March 27, 2021

MY NETFLIX MOVIE REVIEWS: #248

 


A filmmaker returns home with his girlfriend following a celebratory movie premiere as he awaits what's sure to be an imminent critical and financial success. The evening suddenly takes a turn as revelations about their relationships begin to surface, testing the strength of their love. Written by Fizz_Y123 (Courtesy of Internet Movie Database)

MALCOLM & MARIE (2021) is written & directed by Sam Levinson and produced by Ashley Levinson. I was intrigued by the trailer and was rather excited to see this film because it starred two young and up-coming actors of color in Zendaya and Johnson David Washington.

Upon watching, I found an interesting film presented in black and white, which was a refreshing look. The premise of the film, as I watched, developed organically as the relationship depicted. Furthermore, as the drama progressed, I felt closer to the characters played extremely well by both actors.

In the End: MALCOLM & MARIE I found it to be an entertaining dramatic film with promising acting portals. So for this film, I give it 3.5 of 5 stars.




No comments:

Post a Comment