Saturday, May 1, 2021

MY NETFLIX MOVIE REVIEWS: #253

 


Hiding out in Jeju Island following a brutal tragedy, a wronged mobster with a target on his back connects with a woman who has her own demons. (Courtesy of Internet Movie Database)

NIGHT IN PARADISE (2020) is directed & written by Park Hoon-jung. I found this film because my scheduled Netflix did not show up. As it was, I found this film show up on my YouTube feed, and I watched the trailer as I was struck.

Upon watching, I found a very stylistic Asian gangster film with some very picturesque backdrops. What struck me first was the film's pacing and how the build-up made the film that much more entertaining. The film was dubbed, and while I usually don’t like film done in this manner, I appreciated it in this sense as I felt I may have missed out on the charm of the dialogue.

In the End: NIGHT IN PARADISE was an extremely entertaining gangster film atypical to what I may have been used to. So for this film, I give it 4 of 5 stars. 







No comments:

Post a Comment