Saturday, May 15, 2021

MY NETFLIX MOVIE REVIEWS: GOOD LIAR #254


Career con artist Roy Courtnay (Sir Ian McKellen) can hardly believe his luck when he meets well-to-do widow Betty McLeish (Dame Helen Mirren) online. As Betty opens her home and life to him, Roy is surprised to find himself caring about her, turning what should be a cut-and-dry swindle into the most treacherous tightrope walk of his life. Written by New Line Cinema (Courtesy of Internet Movie Database)

GOOD LIAR (2019) directed by Bill Condon, written by Jeffery Hatcher, and produced by Bill Condon & Greg Yolen. This film has seen the trailer, and it made me curious enough to want to see the film.

Upon watching the only time I watched the film, I found the film to be a slow burn, which leads up to a fiery end. I also felt the film was engaging, but at the same time, I felt detached from the action as it played out, which in that initial and only viewing kept me from liking this film more.

In the End: GOOD LAIR did not live up to the expectations I had for this film. So I give this movie 3 of 5 stars.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment