Tuesday, June 7, 2011

FILM REVIEW: TAKERS

I hope that everyone had a great and relatively relaxing weekend. Although it was once again wet and cloudy all weekend doesn't mean it has to b all bad. For myself I was able to get a few things accomplished one of these things was the viewing of the film "TAKERS" via NETFLIX'S watch instantly capabilities.

This film directed by John Luessenhop, written by Peter Allen, Gabriel Casseus, John Luessenhop, and Avery Duff, produced by Jason Geter, Willam Packer, and T.I., stars Chris Brown, Hayden Christensen, and Matt Dillon. TAKERS is the story of a seasoned team of bank robbers, including Gordon Jennings (Idris Elba), John Rahway (Paul Walker), A.J. (Hayden Christensen), and brothers Jake (Michael Ealy) and Jesse (Chris Brown) Attica successfully complete their latest heist and lead a life of luxury while planning their next job. When Ghost (Tip T.I. Harris), a former member of their team, is released from prison he convinces the group to strike an armored car carrying $20 million. As the "takers" carefully plot their strategy and draw nearer to exacting the grand heist, a reckless police officer (Matt Dillon) inches closer to apprehending the criminals.Written by The Massie Twins

Going into this film knowing the cast and very little about the plot of the film, my only wish was that it wasn't going to be another OCEAN'S ELEVEN circa 2001. To me the well dressed band of thieves has been done and redone and I was hoping for something more. What this film ended up being was another heist film that you knew very little about the characters, but they are so enthralled with "taking" that they seemingly can't walk away from a very risky job even if it could be the score of a lifetime. I was hoping for a new story, but what was created here was an entertaining adventure that didn't take me anywhere I haven't been before. So I give TAKERS 3 stars.

Photobucket


LETS GET IT!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment