Thursday, August 2, 2012

VISION CASTING

We are back with our story for week #4 VISION CASTING images.   Enjoy!


I remember starting out on this journey. How I first wanted to shoot photos for magazines and not just any magazine, but magazines like Maxim, GQ, Sports Illustrated, and even Playboy. I really never knew how I’d get there, but I’m there now, and it feels incredible living out my dream.


I caught myself daydreaming again as I was on my way to a remote island resort, compliments of a very well to do client who was more than pleased with our work on his ad campaign. We were just about to touchdown and looking out the helicopter window, the place looked amazing. It would be a few of my staff and their significant other, myself and Summer. We’d been dating for a few months now, and it seemed right that I ask her, as much as I hated leaving the house to Kimberly and Okoye. 



We landed and all got out. I carried Summer’s and my bags the long walk up to the main house. Everyone was in good spirits. Summer beamed as the tropical sunlight shined down on her caramel colored skin. She wore a short floral summer dress from H&M that came down to just about knee length and a pair of aviator style Ray Bans. At the door a woman dressed in a white tennis outfit greeted us. She was very cordial and hustled up the staff that took our bags to our room.

As much as I loved living the life, I really loved working and continuing to live my dream. So, as we got settled in, I set up my laptop and checked in on a few things, while Summer looked around our room pointing out all the exquisite fixtures and the unique layout of the room. She once studied interior design and had taken a great liking to the industry only putting it aside as her modeling career took off. She even offered to do some remodeling for my place if I was interested. I told her I’d think about it, as I could tell the next step might be her moving in.

I was nearly finished checking in when I heard Summer scream. Not immediately knowing where she had gone, I rushed to the balcony to find her staring out at an incredibly amazing view. The ocean stretched out as far as the eye could see, below was a good look of the base level pool, and the crashing waves against the cliff below that. I drew her closer, my right hand grabbing her at her waist and pulling her in. She was all smiles. I began caressing her back as we continued looking out at the endless sea and surveyed our surroundings. We then held each other close. I coupled her lovely face between my hands and kissed her deep. At that moment, the outside world faded away. She slowly pulled away in a teasing fashion drawing me back into the room holding my left hand. She said to me, “You need to take a shower”. Not necessarily the words I hope would be coming out of her mouth at that moment, but she had a point. I had left a photo shoot on location in Amsterdam, caught a flight to our helicopter pickup, which brought us to paradise. All that in a matter of twelve hours with the same clothes, no shower, no shaves.




I began looking through my Supra travel bags for my showering gear, while trying to convince Summer to join me. She wasn’t convinced. She wanted to take a look around and explore the resort grounds. I walked into the bathroom pearl white granite with gold accents was absolutely gorgeous. I undressed and walked into the massive shower and let the hot water pour over my body, relaxing my muscles and washing away the city. The steam had fogged up all of the glass and mirrors in the elegantly designed bathroom. I took one of the complimentary towels to dry off and another to wipe away the condensation in the mirror so I could shave and line up my waves. Looking at myself in the mirror I began to daydream again, realizing I had become the man I had dreamed I could be all those years. I remember writing and holding project meetings at Peet’s coffee and sweating my ass off at farmer’s markets and all the planning it took to create a good show. Now I’m finally on the big scale living the dream I had to laugh, the shit felt good. 

I finished getting dressed. As the condensation on the glass dissipated and I moved to the bathroom door to open it, I walked into our room to find Summer lying seductively on the bed.  She looked at me like she had been waiting all her life for me to walk through that door. She had changed and was now wearing a deep purple lace corset and matching panties. She looked like sex and I was ready feeling the excitement level rising up in me. We ended up not leaving our room till the next morning where we ended up showering together washing each other down before making it to the spacious dinning room for a breakfast feast. 






The breakfast buffet was full of tropical fruits, omelets made to order, croissants, biscuits, chesses, coffee, and even champagne. After breakfast the staff and I set up out in the lavish garden for a little brainstorming session to make sure we stayed on top of our creativity. We were productive with our time there and POW! It hit me. We took a great deal of notes and talked out a great deal of parallel options to flesh out our BIG IDEA! As all of this was taking place Summer and the other guests were taking a tour of the beautiful island. We all met back up for lunch and were so excited all around for the experiences of that day. 




Back in our room, Summer cuddled up next to me on the luxurious bed, as I checked messages and looked over my written notes. One of the messages was from our client who was responsible for us taking this trip. He was writing this message as he was racing Lamborghini’s in El Paso, Texas. The message read, “ Work hard, but enjoy your stay”. I took this to heart and continued the remaining days and nights of our stay exploring the landscape of my relationship and pushing the limits of my creativity.    




...GO!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment