Saturday, April 2, 2016

NETFLIX & CHILL #21


A look at the life the dark surrealist Swiss artist, H.R.Giger shot a year before his death. (Courtesy of Internet Movie Database)

I liked this documentary directed and written by Belinda Sallin and produced by Marcel Hoehn. As an artist, and as one who also likes a good story. I had known of H.R. GIGER’s work as an artist and even his work in the film Alien. What I was not privy to was his dark family background and inspiration that fueled his work. Within this documentary they revealed all of the things I could want to know about such a unique artist from his lifestyle, work ethic, his love life and accession to celebrity, to the point in his twilight where he can look back at it all with accomplishment. This was a definite motivational and inspiring film to watch making me want to explore what makes me tick. For H.R. GIGER I give it 4 stars.



No comments:

Post a Comment