Saturday, April 30, 2016

NETFLIX & CHILL #25


Murphy is an American living in Paris who enters a highly sexually and emotionally charged relationship with the unstable Electra. Unaware of the effect it will have on their relationship, they invite their pretty neighbor into their bed. (Courtesy of Internet Movie Database).

LOVE is Directed and Written by Gaspar Noe, Produced by Brahim Chioua, Vincent Maraval, Gaspar Noe, Rodrigo Teixeira, and Edouard Weil. This film to me defies the typical film review. I think that all the films I have seen from Gaspar Noe have left me feeling this way. In this film LOVE again he takes his viewers on this sexually explicit journey in the standards of American cinema, and makes it seem normal. His camera direction and stagging is unique in that it envelopes you into his world  into the world of his characters in a slow and methodical way. Yet he never takes his viewers on an A+B+C type story, but jumps around within the story and lets it unravel before your eyes in that fashion. I don’t know if he’ll ever be up for an Oscar do to his explicit yet beautiful way that his films are directed, but I hope at some point he is recognized at some point  for his genius. As for LOVE I give it 5 stars.



No comments:

Post a Comment