Saturday, June 25, 2016

NETFLIX & CHILL #34


After giving up a life of cocaine trafficking, a man (Dan) vows to stay on the straight and narrow. But he's offered a one-time opportunity to achieve his life dream: moving to Australia with his daughter. He accepts the deal and starts a downward spiral sucking him back into 24 hours of hell where he has to save his daughter and survive by any means. Written by Anonymous (Courtesy of Internet Movie Database)

DEALER is directed by Jean Luc Herbulot, written by Jean Luc Herbulot and Samy Baaroun, and produced by Dan Bronchinson. I was a little apprehensive going in to see DEALER. The trailer went and made it look like this hyper gritty stylistic film and as much as I go for that kind of thing I’ve been disappointed numerous times. That said I felt DEALER lived up to the trailer hype. The main character was strong, although his choices seemed lazy and too small minded. The rest of the cast of characters was fun adding to the excitement and or dread. From my standpoint DEALER seemed to strongly influence by one of my favorite films from Guy Ritchie called SNATCH. Yet in the end I felt entertained and not bored so I give DEALER 4 stars.



No comments:

Post a Comment