Saturday, August 13, 2016

NETFLIX & CHILL #41


Caleb, a 26-year-old programmer at the world's largest Internet Company, wins a competition to spend a week at a private mountain retreat belonging to Nathan, the reclusive CEO of the company. But when Caleb arrives at the remote location he finds that he will have to participate in a strange and fascinating experiment in which he must interact with the world's first true artificial intelligence, housed in the body of a beautiful robot girl. Written by DNA FILMS (Courtesy of Internet Movie Database)

EX MACHINA is written and directed by Alex Garland, and produced by Allon Reich and Andre Macdonald. For me was an extremely interesting look at the Artificial Intelligence theme like GATTICA, A.I., or even the Matrix. I’ve seen other films take a different approach to the same idea, but I think here it is more about what denotes “intelligence” or a being that can think like us can it really be us? I truly like the set up the film and how the lead up to the climax had you thinking one thing, but with an interesting twist we are forced to think about the real, or possible outcome of A.I. let loose on the world. So for EX MACHINA I give it 4 stars as a very thought provoking and entertaining film.



No comments:

Post a Comment