Saturday, September 10, 2016

NETFLIX & CHILL #45


Prim schoolteacher Miss Meadows (Katie Holmes) is not entirely what she appears. Well-mannered, sweet, and caring, yes, but underneath the candy-sweet exterior hides the soul of a vigilante, taking it upon herself to right the wrongs in this cruel world by whatever means necessary. Things get complicated, however, when Miss Meadows gets romantically entangled with the town sheriff (James Badge Dale) and her steadfast moral compass is thrown off, begging the question: "Who is the real Miss Meadows and what is she hiding?" Written by Unknown  (Courtesy of Internet Movie Database)

MISS MEADOWS is written and directed by Karen Leigh Hopkins, and produced by Eric Carliner & Eric Brenner. From the onset of the film I felt I might enjoy it. Yet as the story began to unravel I just wasn’t buying it. I understand this was to be a black comedy, but nothing about this film resonated with me. I tried to track down the elements that were not sitting with me we and I’d have to say the absurd character played by Katie Holmes was unbelievable. I mean too many times I felt the reactions of the character did not jive with what was being portrayed as what the character would really do and the fact that this was to be comical aspects left me feeling let down. So for Miss Meadows I give it 2 stars.



No comments:

Post a Comment