Saturday, February 4, 2017

MY NETFLIX MOVIE REVIEWS #60


James, a twenty-something New Yorker, struggles to take control of his self-destructive behavior in the face of momentous family challenges. (Courtesy of Internet Movie Database)

I don’t quite remember how I came about this film, but from what I do remember the performance of the main character James White played by Christopher Abbot was something to behold. As I watched it was terribly hard not to feel for this character and want to help ease the pain he was going through of having to deal with some tough life issues. Of course there were parts where you just wished he’d just stop being an asshole and suck it up, but as a viewer that is easy to say and to actually live it, is another. I really appreciated that about this film having lost loved ones at an early age I could relate to the feeling of helplessness and the dull nagging pain of the ultimate loss. So for JAMES WHITE I give it 4 stars as I enjoyed the emotional story, the performances of Christopher Abbot and Scott Mescudi. Further more I would also recommend this film to certain friends who could appreciate the dark story. 



No comments:

Post a Comment