Saturday, April 22, 2017

MY NETFLIX MOVIE REVIEWS #70


In San Francisco, a Caucasian family pressed by the real estate speculation, moves to Hunter's Point, an Afro-American neighborhood ruled by the V-Dub gang and the son Nick Wade faces problem with the violent gangsters. However, the drug dealer K-Luv decides to bootleg CDs and get close to Nick, protecting him. Meanwhile, the Chinese collector Lincoln Ma is blackmailed by the owner of a restaurant and he executes him, falling in disgrace with his mobster boss. The lives of Nick, K-Luv and Lincoln are entwined when the drug lord Sleepy protects a rapper against the Chinese piracy of his CD. Written by Claudio Carvalho, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil (Courtesy of Internet Movie Database)

Being a fan of Spike Lee I think this is one of his more underrated film SUCKERFREE. I’ve seen nearly all of Spike Lee’s film some I liked more than others, but I liked this one and enjoyed the lesson on the development of San Francisco and the Bay Area. It was also nice to see Spike shoot another city other than New York. The story aspect left me wanting some kind of answer or form of closure and then again this is a Spike Lee joint. Overall I enjoyed the film, I’d recommend it to select friends due to subject matter. So for SUCKER FREE I give it 4 stars.



No comments:

Post a Comment