Saturday, April 29, 2017

MY NETFLIX MOVIE REVIEWS #71


The true story of Desmond T. Doss, the conscientious objector who, at the Battle of Okinawa, won the Medal of Honor for his incredible bravery and regard for his fellow soldiers. We see his upbringing and how this shaped his views, especially his religious view and anti-killing stance. We see Doss's trials and tribulations after enlisting in the US Army and trying to become a medic. Finally, we see the hell on Earth that was Hacksaw Ridge. Written by grantss  (Courtesy of Internet Movie Database)

I actually had someone recommend this film to me. I had seen the trailer and felt it wasn’t that compelling of a story having seen numerous war films. Yet I also knew that Mel Gibson directed it and having seen BRAVEHEART and PASSION OF THE CHRIST and seeing how brutal and unflinching those films were I figured the same would happen here. Upon finally viewing HACKSAW my first impression was a very glossy view of the overall state of things at that time, which I was expecting something a bit grittier. Overall I appreciated the true story remade so for HACKSAW RIDGE I give it 3 stars.



No comments:

Post a Comment