Saturday, September 15, 2018

MY NETFLIX MOVIE REVIEWS #137


A police raid in Detroit in 1967 results in one of the largest RACE riots in United States history. The story is centered around the Algiers Motel incident, which occurred in Detroit, Michigan on July 25, 1967, during the racially charged 12th Street Riot. It involves the death of three black men and the brutal beatings of nine other people: seven black men and two white women. (Courtesy of Internet Movie Database)

Moments before watching DETROIT I really had no idea of what to expect as I had only seen the trailer once. My gut had me thinking one thing, but I was hoping for something more. Upon my viewing I found myself watching a film that I probably could have missed and been the better off. I say that because I found no real redeeming factor to this film and story. It was like this film was made to highlight the injustice of that event and that era to get people riled up today. I also feel being that this was based on a true story certain lines of dialogue were used to reflect my assumption making this a type of propaganda. So for DETROIT I give it a 2.5 of 5 stars.



No comments:

Post a Comment