Saturday, October 13, 2018

MY NETFLIX MOVIE REVIEWS #141




In the Century XXVIII, the space station Alpha is a city where beings from different planets live together exchanging their knowledge and culture. Peace is granted by a human force, including Major Valerian and his partner Sergeant Laureline. They are assigned by the Defense Minister to retrieve the last species of converter in a dangerous mission. They succeed and back to Alpha, unknown humanoids abduct Commander Arun Filitt expecting to steal the converter. They head to a forbidden area that is infected but Valerian and Laureline follow them and disclose a hidden secret about the race and the infected area. Written by Claudio Carvalho, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil  (Courtesy of Internet Movie Database)

Having been wowed by the trailer VALERIAN: City of a thousand planets made it to my list of films to see in the theater. As much as that never materialized I had to catch it once it appeared on Netflix. Upon watching it I was amazed at the scape this film created. Of course I know this was a film made from the content of a graphic novel I was enthralled. In many sci-fi films I am either overwhelmed by its vastness or wanting more of a back-story, but I felt VALERIAN did a great job of both creating a clear focus as well as showing how incredibly diverse the film or VALERIAN story line could be. So for VALERIAN: City of a thousand planets I give it 4 stars of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment